On Tuesday, leading FX industry website Forex Magnates held its annual awards ceremony at the Grange Hotel in London. All in all, 750 of the most influential figures in the forex industry were in attendance at what has come to be the most important event in the industry calendar, the Forex Magnates Summit, of which the awards are an integral part.
Saxo Bank walked away with the award for Best Broker, and also scooped the prize for Best Proprietary Platform for SaxoTrader. The award was presented by Forex Magnates founder and CEO Michael Greenberg, and was collected by co-CEO and co-founder of Saxo Bank Kim Fournais.
Other big winners included Metaquotes, who won the awards for Best Retail FX Technology Provider and Best Mobile Platform, and Citigroup, which took home three awards, although these were distributed throughout their CitiFX, CitiFX Prime Brokerage, and Citibank divisions.
The process by which the winners were selected and voted for was a multi-faceted one, taking into account a number of criteria which were explained at length on the Forex Magnates website by Michael Greenberg.
The full list of awards and winners is here:
- Best Broker: Saxo Bank
- Best Retail FX Technology Provider: MetaQuotes
- Best Proprietary Platform: Saxo Bank
- Best Mobile Platform: MetaTrader
- Best Retail Broker Execution: FXCM
- Best Risk Management Provider: ThinkLiquidity
- Best Liquidity Provider: CitiFX
- Best Prime Broker: CitiFX Prime Brokerage
- Best Primary Bank Dealer: Citibank
- Best Social/Auto-Trading Platform: eToro
- Best Binary Options Software Provider: TRADOLOGIC
- Best Binary Options Broker: 24Option
- Best Executing Venue: LMAX Exchange
- Best Prime of Prime Solution: Sucden Financial
- Most Innovative Financial Product: SafeCharge
I am a writer based in London, specialising in finance, trading, investment, and forex. Aside from the articles and content I write for Forexthink, I also write for IntelligentHQ and have previously written for euroinvestor.com and tradingquarter.com. Before specialising in finance, I worked as an article writer for various digital marketing firms. I grew up in Aberdeen, Scotland, I have an MA in English Literature from the University of Glasgow and I have played bass in various bands. You can find me on twitter @pmilne100 and