FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) have announced certain key operating metrics for January 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
January 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume(1) of $363 billion in January 2013, 42% higher than December 2012 and 22% higher than January 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume(1) per day of $16.5 billion in January 2013, 22% higher than December 2012 and 22% higher than January 2012. Second highest retail average daily volume in FXCM history
- An average of 432,647 retail client trades per day in January 2013, 6% higher than December 2012 and 25% higher than January 2012.
- Tradeable accounts(2) of 189,107 as of January 31, 2013, a decrease of 1,110, or 1% from December 31, 2012, and a decrease of 7,603 or 4%, from January, 2012. Active accounts, accounts which have placed a trade in the past 12 months, increased by 4,081 accounts to 175,011 in January 2013 from December 2012.
January 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume(1) of $116 billion in January 2013, 45% higher than December 2012 and 6% higher than January 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume(1) per day of $5.3 billion in January 2013, 25% higher than December 2012 and 6% higher than January 2012.
- An average of 15,878 institutional client trades per day in January 2013, 40% higher than December 2012 and 26% lower than January 2012.
“Over the last two years, FXCM has invested in expanding our market footprint and revenue capacity during a period where muted market conditions placed significant constraints on growth,” said Drew Niv, CEO of FXCM.
“In 2013, we are starting to see the impact of those efforts as trading activity grew in all our business segments amid improved market conditions,” he continued. “We continue to believe that our scale positions FXCM well whether volatility continues to improve from recent historic lows or returns to levels we experienced last year.”
tradersdna is a new digital source for retail and institutional Forex traders, industry leaders and capital market players offering useful resources, research, the latest breaking information, news, Forex PR, and receive an in-depth analysis of latest events.