Textile design is a discipline that involves ideation, creation and modification of designs, textures, illustrations and patterns for knitted, woven, dyed, embroidered or printed fabric. Two major areas of textiles are:
- Interiors-upholstery, soft furnishings, and carpets
- Fashion fabrics
- Automotive Fabrics
Basis the different methods utilized in production; Textile design can be further broken down into three major disciplines:
- Printed textile design
- Woven textile design
- Mixed media textile design
- Visualization, Artistic & Creative skills: Should be able analyze the client brief and accordingly come up with relevant designs and patterns.
- Should have a basic understanding of colours, fabrics and materials
- Attention to detail
- Should have knowledge of dyes, texture, patterns and yarns
- Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills besides presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Time Management skills & capability to work under pressure besides adhering to deadlines
- Good networking skills to manage not only clients but teams in other departments as well
- Should have problem solving approach
- Should have interest in fashion & textile designing besides being up to date with the ensuing fashion trends and production processes & techniques.
- Competencies in use of CAD and other software programs
- Business skills
- Should have the pulse of the market and must be able to foresee new trends
- Adequate knowledge about characteristics of different textile materials
- Understanding the client brief and coming up with relevant sketches of designs and samples for presentation
- Liaising with clients, different departments like technical, marketing, buying etc.
- Analyzing and approving the final product
- Evaluating the production standards
- Adept at using computer-aided design (CAD) and other using specialist software programs to develop range of designs
- Experimenting with varied colours, patterns, textures and fabrics
- Keeping abreast with latest trends, design knowledge, properties of dyes, different materials, consumer taste, innovations in production techniques and textile technology
- Ensuring timely completion of projects
- Visiting trade fairs, markets and manufacturers for design inspirations
- Sourcing appropriate fabrics and other materials
- Supervising production
Textile design courses in Bangalore:
In order to be a part of this glamourous and lucrative field, you should join a college that offers UG in Textile design courses in Bangalore and have the following features:
- Courses must offerholistic perspective in Textile Designing weaving, knitting, embroidery, print and mixed media
- College must offer certification recognized at both domestic and international level.
- Market-oriented understanding besides updated technical knowledge about Textile Design must be offered by the college.
- Exposure to students through live projects, internships and interaction with Industry Experts
- Competencies in updated software’s like CAD etc.
- Participation in International events and competitions, thus helping student’s build strong portfolio
Why Textile design courses in Bangalore?
Textile industry is a flourishing industry that provides huge opportunities especially in Bangalore due to the following reasons:
- Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka state, is known as the garment capital of India.
- Karnataka accounts for 20% of garments production of the country.
- Karnataka, also being the largest producer of mulbary silk in the country, accounts for 65% share
- Karnataka also grows abundant cotton and thus produces 20 lakh bales of cotton annually.
- As per ‘New Textile & Garment Policy 2019-2024’, Karnataka, it aims to create over 5 lakh jobs and attract ₹10,000 crore investments.
So don’t hold back and enrol for textile design to take your skills to the next level.
Tradersdna is a leading digital and social media platform for traders and investors. Tradersdna offers premiere resources for trading and investing education, digital resources for personal finance, market analysis and free trading guides. More about TradersDNA Features: What Does It Take to Become an Aggressive Trader? | Everything You Need to Know About White Label Trading Software | Advantages of Automated Forex Trading