The Emergence of Professional Trading Education
Professional Trading education is difficult to get and an area that has only been reaching a small industry audience worldwide. With the emergence of online trading and special Forex trading platforms there is an emergence of trading education platforms and projects such as the influential BabyPips, Investopedia, Fxpedia and other excellent websites. In recent times a lot of useful knowledge can be also found in the sections dedicated to education by the major Forex Brokers. But there is a space for independent trading professional education and Walker Walker a former senior manager at Saxo Bank and a professional trader has been changing this landscape.
Having created a professional trading diploma with various premium Universities and business schools worldwide, from Nordic Europe to China and Asia Pacific his work on specialised trading professional education has a major step in the emergence of affordable professional trading education.
Walker Walker founder and Managing Director of the company GCMS is a recognized authority on trading education and management. He is also the author of the “Reality Based Trading Guide” a practical eBook guide to Forex & stock trading. In the past he has held several management positions in investment banking including: Regional Manager for teams of Investment Advisors servicing North America & Middle East Regions (based in Denmark & UK), Training Consultant to financial institutions. He also headed the Trader Training program at Saxo Bank.
Wayne is a trainer in demand. From his base in Copenhagen, this demand has led to training & speaking engagements in the United States, China, Jamaica, Norway, United Kingdom, Sweden, Trinidad & Tobago, etc. As a result he and GCMS have been featured in major newspapers, magazines, radio and TV talk-shows. Prior to Europe, he was based in New York City.
Wayne holds the ACI Dealing Certificate (Distinction), NASD-Series 3 license, a Bachelors degree from State University of New York, College at Buffalo and he also attended the University of San Diego. He is a finisher of the Los Angeles and Copenhagen marathons.
Please have a look at this video interview and engage with this unique personality in the world of trading professional education:
- Q1: Can you tell us about yourself and your background?
- Q2: What is your education background?
- Q3: You wrote the book “Reality Based Trading Guide” in 2009 that is now going to become an App, can you tell us about it?
- Q4: Can you tell us about your company GCMS?
- Q5: What are the motivations behind the launch of GCMS education for trading and finance?
- Q6: GCMS is leveraging Trading education to a new level working both with Universities and Business Schools but also with Financial players such as Citi, Barclays, Saxo Bank, can you explain to us your goals?
- Q7: Can you tell us the top Universities / Business Schools that you have been working with?
- Q8: How do you differentiate between training and coaching people in Europe and Asia Pacific?
- Q9: How is GCMS contribution for changing the face of trading and finance education?
- Q10: GCMS just launched a new series of trading and finance e-learning programme, can you tell us about it?
- Q11: What are the main considerations about the Forex Trading in the present shift landscape?
- Q12: How do you see social trading?
- Q13: How do you see mobile trading?
- Q14: How do you see the future of the Trading and specifically the Forex Trading industry?
- Q15: How do you see the challenges/merges of Finance/Trading and Technology?
- Q16: How do you see the present landscape of the financial crisis, where we have in one hand innovation, social media and in the other hand crisis, unemployment and banking crisis?
This interview was published initially Interview with Wayne Walker – Managing Director of GCMS from IntelligentHQ on Vimeo.
Interview originally published on IntelligentHQ
I am a writer based in London, specialising in finance, trading, investment, and forex. Aside from the articles and content I write for Forexthink, I also write for IntelligentHQ and have previously written for euroinvestor.com and tradingquarter.com. Before specialising in finance, I worked as an article writer for various digital marketing firms. I grew up in Aberdeen, Scotland, I have an MA in English Literature from the University of Glasgow and I have played bass in various bands. You can find me on twitter @pmilne100 and