This video was first published on IntelligentHQ.com
FXCM the spread betting provider and foreign exchange broker has been in the news recently with regard to a $210m all-share offer for Gain Capital. FXCM believes that the substantial potential operating and capital synergies between the two companies would result in an accretive deal with a strong growth profile and improved economies of scale. These ‘improved economies of scale’ would perhaps see the forex world shaken up as the newly combined Titan may be able to improve on a formula that that has seen many imitators.
Thanks to newly created social trading networks, users are able to see and copy the trades of top-ranked rivals, swap ideas and gauge the market mood in online chat with a community of contacts. Not only that but retail FX has grown to such an extent over the last decade as brokers allow individual traders to take highly leveraged positions previously accessible only to institutional investors. TopTradr is a Social Trading Network, initially launched as a web app with iOS and Android support. It is a community-based, real-time, peer-endorsed platform.
François Nembrini spearheads the platform from FXCM’s london office. In this exclusive interview we learn more about the man, FXCM and the algo based platform. We also find out about the social trading phenomena that is sweeping the industry and the state of the forex market in a shifting landscape.
Questions to François Nembrini Institutional Managing Director of FXCM TopTradr:
- Can you tell us about you and your background?
- What is your education background?
- Can you tell us about FXCM the company behind TOPTRADR?
- What are the motivations behind the launch of TOPTRADR?
- How do you differentiate between a FXCM and a TOPTRADR account?
- How is TOPTRADR changing the face of trading?
- TOPTRADR is based in algorithm trading and social media, how do you describe this?
- TOPTRADR is leveraging Forex Trading to a new level, how do you see that?
- How do you see TOPTRADR offerings in comparison with other social traders, such as eToro?
- What are the main considerations about the Forex Trading in the present shift landscape?
- How do you see social trading?
- How do you see mobile trading?
- How do you see the future of the Forex Trading industry?
- How do you see the challenges of Finance and Tech industry?
- How do you see the present landscape of the financial crisis, where we have in one hand innovation, social media and in the other hand crisis, unemployment and banking crisis?
- When will be the launch of TOPTRADR?