51 Famous Quotes Adapted To Trading
Trading is a process and needs education and critical focus and persistence. Trading is not something for everyone and becoming a professional trader or investor requires time and wisdom. Also a good trading requires a lot of reading and training, and understanding of trading dimensions and wisdom calculations.
This article will highlight some critical areas to look and consider when trading, and we did an exercise of changing /adapting famous wisdom quotes by recognised worldwide authors for trading and investing.
To start 10 critical elements one needs to remind when trading:
- Develop a style and choose Your Trading Style Carefully, adapted to your personality and capacity.
- Critical to make sure you match Your Trading Style To Your Lifestyle.
- Select A Broker, bank or platform That Matches Your Trading Style and make sure you know everything about it.
- Use A Low-Risk High-Reward Trading Method and be rigorous on that.
- Make Sure Your Trading Method Works in All Markets and test and repeat before starting (but make sure you start, demo trading does not make a trader. Trading does).
- Trade The Best assets and if you choose Stocks, choose the best ones in the market and the ones you can understand and follow.
- Know When To Stop or Sell Your portfolio / Stocks.
- Check Your Winning Edge and be prepared for loosing but make sure your margins are wise and don’t gamble – trade.
- Invest in a good online specific asset: trading Forex, CFDs, stocks or multi-asset trading education.
- Study the best traders, go to trading and investing events and associate yourself with successful online stock Ttaders.
A successful trader or investor does his or her homework. It studies and reminds that it’s important to know that you may find yourself in a situation whereby you need someone or an inspirational piece to help you bounce back up.
Everyone needs help, as there’s no condition that is always permanent in life. In trading, there are quotes that can inspire you and prepare your way towards success. Here, we’re going to look at 51 famous quotes from philosophers, famous authors, celebrities, etc that are adapted to trading.
Find out below, some knowledgeable quotes from around the world adapted for the art of trading and investing:
- Focusing on making money makes winning more fun but less frequent – George Carlin.
- Learn to move on by understanding what happened in the past, but try not to have an emotional attachment to it. – George Carlin.
- The more you keep fighting yourself the more you are robbing your own bank. – George S. Patton.
- A trading plan is just like a mere word, until you work and act on it. – George S. Patton.
- The more mentally prepared you are to accept loss the less psychological the drama it takes. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- First ask yourself: what is the worst thing that can happen to me? Then prepare yourself to accept it, and then go on to improve on the worst. – Dale Carnegie.
- Trade within your capacity, ability and risk to tolerance. When ability and tolerance permits, try to increase size and frequency. – Benjamin Franklin.
- A trader who is yet to experience lost, is not yet a trader. –Aristotle.
- Anyone who never made a mistake, it means he’d never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein.
- A trader is expected to look at a chart for its contents and not for what he wants it to be. – Albert Einstein.
- By failing to plan you are planning to fail. – Benjamin Franklin.
- A creditor has a better memory than a debtor – Benjamin Franklin.
- Don’t combine your desire and actions, separate them. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- A man is considering rich only in proportion to the number of things he can afford to do alone. – Henry David Thoreau.
- Habits can be easily formed, but they are hard to pay for. Beware! – Henry David Thoreau.
- Just because you notice the market is open, it doesn’t mean you have to buy or sell. Cash is a position too. – Henry David Thoreau.
- You have to keep learning, because the trading genius today was previously an idiot or is closer to become one tomorrow. – Henry Ford.
- Try your best to always do what is next. – George Carlin.
- Screwing your virginity can be as just as fighting for peace – George Carlin.
- A good plan violently executed now is always better than a perfect plan designed to be executed next week. – George S. Patton.
- I don’t measure a man’s achievement by how he climbs, but how high he is able bounce when he hits bottom. – George S. Patton.
- Having trading discipline is the beginning of success; keeping discipline is the progress in success; staying disciplined is the success itself. – Jack Welch.
- Be honest with yourself and change before you have to, because even when you fail, the change of direction will not kill you. – Jack Welch.
- Control your own destiny or someone else will, because the market will force you to change if you don’t and it is painful and disheartening. – Jack Welch.
- Put yourself in the best position now, else you will not have a position come tomorrow. – Jack Welch.
- You have to face reality as it is now, not as it was before or as you wish it to be in future. – Jack Welch.
- If the foundation of your trading was built on weak grounds, it is not about if you fail that matters, but when you fail. – Jimi Hendrix.
- Your Indecision will lead you to failure even if it does not mean losing money. – John F. Kennedy.
- Efforts and courage will not be enough when you don’t have purpose and direction. – John F. Kennedy.
- Measure yourself by what you should have accomplished with your ability, but not by what you have accomplished. – John Wooden.
- A loan with a very high default rate is simply making money by making a mistake. – John Wooden.
- Develop a plan before you trade, else you will be forced to do it later with less cash and more frustration. – Karl Marx.
- Anything seems difficult for you, do not think it’s impossible for anyone to accomplish. – Marcus Aurelius.
- Not accepting a failure means you don’t learn from it. – Mark Twain.
- If you lose on something, you are not necessarily a loser but if you call yourself a loser then no one will be able to change your mind. – Mark Twain.
- Never try to risk more than you cannot look at positively later. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If you run from your losses, you will eventually run out of money. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Always try to turn a negative situation into a positive situation. – Michael Jordan.
- If you do not respect the market, the market will not respect you. – Mother Teresa.
- You will never risk too much again if you understand and accept a risk. – Mother Teresa.
- If you don’t have time to do it right now, you will surely have time to do it over and over again. – John Wooden.
- Because trading seems difficult today, does not mean it was for someone else. Therefore, Stick with it, the roles may reverse tomorrow. – Marcus Aurelius.
- If you want to see what you really are, just be content. – Marcus Aurelius.
- A lie can never live. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The market is always right, even though you may not understand it fully right now. – Mel Brooks.
- He who hesitates to act is poor. – Mel Brooks.
- In case you are thinking about getting out of the game, remember that your competition is already flat. – Michael Jordan.
- It is your job to get the best changes of your trading back after a loss. – Michael Jordan.
- A loss is only a loss if you failed to learn the lesson. – Michael Jordan.
- A single trade is not connected to another, unless you let it. – Mark Twain.
- A result is rarely an aberration; therefore, do not treat it as one. – Marcus Aurelius.
To finish a last quote not adapted, but from one of the biggest investors of all time, that read a lot of books, and created a lot of fantastic quotes himself: Warren Buffet
Give us other quotes you might think are missing and give us your input.